Rice , its Asian comfort food. I love my rice and I’m proud to be an Asian.. Kimchi fried rice is one of those rice recipe that is so popular, so quick and easy. Even the ingredients is so simple all you need is steamed rice and kimchi but you can load it with some more ingredients. You can even throw any lingering left over in your fridge.
Like any other korean recipe with kimchi, the secret to a good kimchi fried rice is to use mature kimchi along with its juices
Kimchi can be intense in flavor to some and If you’ve never tried kimchi before, stir frying kimchi with rice and soy sauce is a great way to introduce you to the taste.
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 3-4 cups steamed rice
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tbsp <strong>soy sauce, or to taste</strong>
- 2-3 tbsp <strong>gochujang (Korean red chili paste)</strong>
- 3 tsp <strong>sesame oil, or to taste</strong>
- 1 tsp <strong>vegetable oil</strong>
- 1 <strong>green onion, chopped</strong>
- 1 tbsp <strong>roasted sesame seeds, to garnish </strong>
- 1 cup <strong>chopped or ground cooked meat (optional)</strong>
- <strong>Eggs, cooked sunny side up, on top of kimchi fried rice (optional)</strong>
- <strong>Roasted seasoned seaweed, shredded (optional)</strong>
Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat
(Optional If you want to add meat. I like to use ground venison and bacon). Stir the cooked chopped or ground meat over the medium heat for 2 -3 minutes.
Add kimchi and stir fry it for another 1 minute.
Add rice, kimchi juice, soy sauce, gochujang and sesame oi., Stir all the ingredients together for about 5 minutes.
Garnish with chopped green onion, sesame seeds, shredded seaweed. Top it with sunny side-up egg. Serve and Enjoy.