If you are a big fan of BBQ pulled pork, then you won’t have a second thought about doing the same thing with venison, especially if you have a lot of deer meat in your freezer. This kind of recipe is a good way to cook a bunch, and then save and freeze it. We usually use the roast,shank, or knuckle part. Since we don’t like wasting meat, we just put the whole neck in the big roasting pan and cook it slowly. Once the meat is tender and falling off the bone, we remove the bone and shred the meat. Don’t forget your favorite beer or soda drink, this helps tenderize the meat. With simple ingredients and so easy to make, By the way, you can use beef, pork or chicken with this recipe. Let’s get started.
BBQ Pulled Venison
- 4 to 5 pounds Venison Roast
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 8 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 2 to 3 cubes beef bullion
- 2 can soda pop
- 1 large bottle your favorite BBQ sauce
- If you are using a roasting pan, set your temperature to 300 F. For Crock pot set it in High Temperature.
- Add all the ingredients except the BBQ sauce. Let it cook overnight until meat is tender and falls apart easily.
- Drain off excess fluid.
- Remove the meat from the pot and shred it thoroughly. Make sure that you remove the bones if there’s any.
- Add BBQ sauce until desired flavor.
- As for a little twist, you can add some diced onion or green onion to give it more flavor.
- Put it in a bun with your favorite cheese and pickle and you are good to go.